Thursday, June 7, 2007

Yay for concussions!

So today in gym class I had a real fun experience. We were playing kickball, and I was in line to kick. I was leaning against the bleachers with the left side of my body to the bleachers and my back to the kicker because I was talking to some girls behind me in line. This incredibly butch, gym-beast freshmen was kicking the dodgeball and she kicked it directly into the right side of my face! I didn't even know what happened, it felt something akin to a large sledgehammer being thrown into your face. Anyway, it was REALLY forceful and it smacked my head against the bleachers. It was really bad. My ears were ringing and I couldn't hear in my right ear for about 10 minutes. It was really painful, but I didn't cry! I am so proud! Anyway, everyone was like flipping out, I guess it was pretty graphic. It hurt a lot, but I tried to just shrug it off and keep playing but about 2 minutes later my face was BURNING so I went to the nurse to get some ice. It was really funny though, the whole right side of my face was bright red. So I got to sit out the rest of gym class. I was pretty stunned for a while, and later in class I started to worry that I had gotten a little "fun-sized" (just like you Rachel!) but I didn't want to go to the nurse (she usually makes you feel worse and is kinda scary). Yeah, my ears were ringing for about a half hour after and I didn't feel like I could hear right again till about lunch time. My head and my right ear really hurt, the right side of my face is still red and slightly swollen and bruised, I can't turn my head too fast or it hurts bad, I keep being really confused, like I can't think of the right words and stuff, and I can't talk too loud or my head hurts. But, I think I'm ok. I'll be fine by tomorrow, but it still makes for a really cool story! My first concussion--oh boy!

5 comments:

rachel b. said...

Ohhh!!! My poor baby!!! THAT is EXACTLY why we don't play sports. Especially with gym beasts!!! That really stinks. I've had a lot of fun gym experiences, too, so I feel your pain. Well, not literally, which I'm happy about, but you know . . . figuratively. And what do you mean, a little fun-sized like me? I don't get it . . . maybe I've gotten one too many kickballs to the head.

PS--I heard you are going to be a bridesmaid! OOOOooh! Congratulations!

Field Family said...

those gym classes. They are too dangerous. I got a hocky puck right to the mouth one time in gym, from "THE GYM BEAST" yup, that is why I've got my nice fake tooth to remind me of that one day in gym. I shake my fists at all those gym beasts. Amy

Rebekah said...

I am talking about your "fun-sized" concussion with the little bike incident in Millbrook. It wasn't THAT bad though. :)

Selfieprotection said...

Hey rebekah. it's Lisa Amy's sis thanks for telling me that All my friends love them I didnt know you made them your self Thanks, And you are very talented.

rachel b. said...

Beck, your new blog design is really cute!!!