To all my faithful readers I present a new christmas blog! How festive! Just 19 days till we're in utah!!! Hooray!!!!
I recently read "Twilight" by Stephenie Meyer. She's a BYU alum and everyone's freaking out about her books. So I decided to hop on the band wagon and read it. I thought it was utterly stupid. It began alright, a girl named Bella moving to a little town in rainy Washington and she hates it. And then she sees these ridiculously good looking faces-carved-by-angels group of kids, one of which she of course, falls in love with. The kids are all really mysterious. Anyway, the one she likes, Edward, and she start flirting and BOOM. They're in love. At 17. It's profound. OH! And another added bonus--he's superman!!! Speed of lightning, bends metal, ridiculously good-looking. Let's just say, it's realistic beyond all reason. But he's a little mysterious and it turns out that he's a vampire, whoops! But hey, whatever, they're in love. And then the next 17 chapters of the book are filled with corny flirting and making out. Here's a small clip of the dialogue:
"I love you Edward"
"I love you more Bella"
"That's not true"
"Yes it is"
"I love you Edward. Never leave me. I love you, have I said that?"
"I won't. I love you too, Bella"
"I love you, even if you're a vampire"
"I don't know what I'd do if I ate you. I love you"
"I'm willing to risk it. I love you"
"But I'm a vampire, I don't know what I'd do without you. I love you"
"I don't know what I'd do without you too. It's not like I lived the first 17 years of my life not even knowing you exist. I love you."
"Let's make out, but watch out, I might eat you. I love you"
"Ok. I love you."
"I'd do anything for you, I love you"
"Same here, don't eat me, I love you"
*Snog*
Well, that about sums it up. You can now say that you've read Twilight. Maybe I didn't like it so much cause I see corny 17-year-old love every single day in the halls at school. Plus she made up all this stuff, about them all being gorgeous, and reading minds, and sparkling and I thought that was kind of stupid. But I'll admit it, I kept reading in the beginning singularly because he was so good looking. I would just skip the parts when Edward wasn't there. Let's just say, the boy scene in New York is more than dismal. But then he got all love-y, and I gagged a lot, it was so corny! It was like after the 7th or so chapter the whole book and all the characters just completely changed. I thought it was just kind of weird. But, as much as I didn't like it, I can see why other people do.
Sunday, December 2, 2007
Christmas blog!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Yeeeaaaaah, not my favorite, either. I was slightly less than impressed with BYU's most famous alum.
I am glad that you have given your input. I have been debating on reading it but since it was so trendy I steered clear and now I am glad that I did. Just reading that little blurb made me oh,not so impressed. It sounds like Nora Roberts for Mormons. YIKES!
Ha ha ha...good thing I'm a Roberts, not a Field, because I was a sucker (no pun intended) for it...so was my mom...so way Russell...so was Lindsay...so was Ryanne...guess we're pretty pathetic, eh? :)
Well, I'm glad you liked it, it's just not my flavor (pun somewhat intended). Ha ha, but I have to say, Edward was pretty swoon-able in the beginning before I got to the lovey-dovey parts.
PS, that little picture of "Matt and Amy's baby" is VERY scary-looking! I hope it's not born looking like that . . .
Post a Comment