Mom requested that I resurrect my blog in order to have another media vehicle (FUN FACT: "media vehicle" is actually one of the more complex terms in the ad major. we spent a whole class period on it. it's not a very difficult curriculum.) with which to know what I am up to. And I will tell you what I am up to! Nothing.
Except, as should be surprising to NO ONE, living with roommates stinks. My apartment is way nice this year and I really like it. And, thank goodness, I finally got clean roommates! Or I got one extremely clean roommate which means I'm not fighting an uphill battle all the time. So, anyway, I can't complain too too much. Okay, I can complain. And I will! Right now! All but one roommate is pretty neat, and I brought her with me so I shouldn't complain. But I will! So I clean up the kitchen and straighten up almost every day. And then as soon as I clean up, a one woman tornado comes home and everything is trashed. It was pretty funny, on tuesday I cleaned up and literally as soon as I threw out the last dirty towel, she walked in the door with a kitchenaid mixer and I knew it was all for naught.
Feel my frustration in the following video:
So here is my plan to keep the apartment clean every week.
MONDAY:
Ariel freaks out and scrubs everything in sight before FHE every monday...except the floors. So Monday I will mop the lovely linoleum floors in the kitchen, hallway, and bathroom.
TUESDAY:
Clean toilet and shower. Gross.
WEDNESDAY:
Clean sink, counters, and mirror. Also gross.
THURSDAY:
Vacuum! Living room and bedroom, occasionally do the upstairs and stairs....if I'm not too lazy.... :)
FRIDAY:
Clean kitchen countertops and stovetop, etc. Wipe down furniture.
Now let's see if I can actually do this. I think I can, since I clean up every day anyway. Only thing is that it is pretty much impossible to keep clean when no one picks up their danged crap! I pretty much do the kitchen everyday since apparently no one believes in wiping up their spills or washing dishes. Or maybe their mothers just really loved using chisels.

No comments:
Post a Comment